What are two characteristics of RAM on a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- Nonvolatile storage is provided via RAM.
- RAM stores the configuration that is currently active on the device.
- During a power cycle, the contents in RAM are lost.
- Cisco switches contain RAM, whereas Cisco routers do not.
- Multiple versions of IOS and configuration files can be stored in RAM.
The correct answer is these two:
- The configuration that is actively running on the device is stored in RAM.
- The contents of RAM are lost during a power cycle.
Explanation: RAM is used to store data that is required by the device to perform network operations. RAM is used to store the current configuration. Because data is lost after a power cycle, this sort of memory is referred to as volatile. A copy of the IOS is copied from flash memory to RAM when the device is turned on. Because data is retained even when the power is switched off, flash memory is nonvolatile.